Accredited Exercise Physiologist
Payneham, Mount Barker & The International Spine Centre
David has always been interested in exercise and physical activity having competed in field hockey and triathlon to national level. Motivating people to remain physically active throughout their lives is a key aspect of David’s approach to exercise physiology practice.
David enjoys working collaboratively in integrated team environments and has previously worked as an Exercise Physiologist in chronic condition management. He has interests in exercise for a variety of orthopaedic conditions and as part of cancer treatment. David has also worked in different sporting organisations including strength and conditioning and return to play following injury and concussion.
David has returned to Adelaide following a 3-year stint working in Canada at the Canadian Sports Institute Ontario and an academic appointment in Clinical Exercise Physiology at the University of Newcastle, Australia. He retains academic connections in Australia and Canada.
Areas of Interest
• Resistance training in older adults
• Return to exercise following injury
• Chronic pain management
• Exercise and spinal cord injury/para sport
• Managing chronic overuse injuries in endurance sports
• Exercise Oncology
• David been an accredited exercise physiologist since 2007 and holds a PhD in Exercise Physiology from the University of Bath in the United Kingdom
• He has dual certification with the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (Level 2) and National (US) Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) (CSCS).